As simple as tacos can be, this one is just as so. You will only need a few ingredients.
- Soy Crumbles ( I used BOCA brand- as they were what was recommended to me)
- Tortillas/Taco Shells (I have to eat gluten-free so I choose corn tortillas)
- Taco Seasoning (I use McCormick's Perfect Pinch Mexican)
- Toppings (I prefer a lower cal option so I opted for Romaine Lettuce and Tostitos Salsa)
- Soy Crumbles come frozen, and already pre-cooked. All you need to do is heat up your desired amount (i used 1/2C for two tacos since I like mine pretty full) in a skillet. This only takes about 5-7 minutes just for the crumbles to thaw and warm. Add a pinch of olive oil so the crumbles will not stick.
- While the crumbles are cooking, chop your romaine lettuce.
- Since the oven has already preheated early (350 degrees) simply place the tortilla shells on the oven and allow them to hang for taco-shape. This will only take about 3-5 minutes so you will want to do this last.
- Before removing the crumbles, add taco seasoning to pan. Remove from heat and stir.
- Remove taco shells from oven and place on plate. Fill tacos with crumbles and toppings of choice. Serve warm!