Saturday, August 11, 2012

A bit of "ME" time

via Etsy
Since the man will be going back to his home state to visit his family for a couple of days, I am taking this week to focus more on "ME"....getting back to relaxing, trying something new for myself I would not typically get to with him at home, and stepping back from life to breathe! This is what I have been doing....

1. Take time to enjoy life, even the smaller parts. Taking time to "stop and smell the roses" is my focus. I cannot remember the last time I slowed down from the hustle and bustle to stop and enjoy the small things in life. And, to me, life is a whole lot of great little things.
via 10,000 Blessings
"Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if this activity is the axis on which the whole earth revolves. Live the moment. Only this actual moment is life."
-Thich Nhat Hanh

2. Try a minimalist approach. Why am I a clutter bug? I am not a big fan of having a mess, but I allow it to overwhelm me. Instead, it is time to clean up my home. Take out the mess and leave myself with a much more organized space.
Via Houzz
Okay....well, that may be too minimalists, but you get the idea.

3. Make some of those DIY projects on my list. This is what I am most excited about. Crossing off things on my to-do bucket DIY list. I have so many projects I have wanted to do. Now, I have some down time to do them.
Via Ruche
What do you do when you find yourself having a block of time to yourself? What do you enjoy doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment