Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Holiday Wrap-Up and New Beginnings...

Hello My Friends! Welcome back from the wonderfully hectic holidays. I hope you enjoyed many happy memories with your family and friends.

One of my favorite gifts received this holiday season was my Singer sewing machine. Frog Legs knew how much I had been pinning ideas on things I wanted to make - and a lot included sewing. I knew I had a very old antique sewing machine that was given to me - but I also knew that it would be quite costly to repair "Old Betsy" (as I so lovingly started calling her). It was going to be quite the expense so I was so happy to unwrap on Christmas morning my new gem. Not to worry all, I am excited to show you so many of the projects I plan on starting. 

I had found ideas (similar to this one and this one) to create my own first "guinea pig" project. Mind you, I did not take photos of my project, but let's just say I have a lot of work ahead of me. My advice to any new sewing machine enthuasist, take your time! Keep at your idea and if you make a mistake, just use your seam ripper!!

Until next time....... Happy 2012 and let's get crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment