Friday, May 11, 2012

A Bit of My Style

I am an accessory fiend. I absolutely love makeup, perfume and jewelry, especially if I can get it for a killer steal-of-a-deal. I have found that you do not have to spend an entire paycheck or max out that credit card to look exceptionally styish. No, my friends, you just need a bit of creativity and a tad bit of imagination and you can create almost any look you find.

I always find a deal at some of my favorite local consignment shops (like Clementine's & Indigo Avenue Clothes for great dresses), Tarjay, Plato's Closet or even Goodwill. They are my go-to stores for great discounts on clothing - I always seem to find something wonderful that will look amazing- either jewelry, belts, or great dresses.  Another reason I love these places is that after someone gets their use out of these great pieces, they recycle them and I get to wear them my way before handing it down for recycling myself.

However, sometimes, certain products catch my eye and after falling absolutely madly in love with their results, I have to keep coming back for more. I have a love for BareMinerals by Bare Escentuals (my color is Fairly Light) for my base makeup. For about $20+ per container, it is a bit more expensive than I like to pay for makeup typically - but I cannot help but to keep coming back to it. I never have a breakout with the makeup and you even wear it to bed. (Believe me, I have tested this many times and it has not failed). And, yes, I have purchased the brushes - you have to use the correct applicator for any flawless finish. One of my favorite cheapie quick eyeshadows is Wet N Wild's Walking on Eggshells eyeshadow trio (I get mine at FiveBelow or CVS - typically on sale). It is a simple and easy natural-looking eye color that works with any outfit. Any great night-out look isn't complete without eyeliner and my go-to is elf 3 piece eyeliner set -and at 3 clams, will not break the bank. The liquid is not my favorite- but if I use the pencil first, I never have any issues with application. You cannot simply have makeup without including the lucious lips and I love (Avon's line) Mark Glow Baby Glow hook-up lip gloss in sun luxe. It is light-weight, non-sticky and is subtle enough to wear when you are going for a more toned-down makeup day.
An example of a really great makeup day was last Saturday when Frog Legs and I went to an indoor football game (known as arena football) - thanks to me winning tickets at work. Here is my makeup for the game night:

Foundation: BareMinearls in Fairly Light, Blush: BareMinerals in Golden Gate, Lips: Mark Glow Baby Glow in Sun Luxe, Eyeliner: ELF black, Eyeshadow: Maybelline EyeStudio Color Explosion in Amethyst Ablazed.
I like to add a bit of my eyeshadow color to my eyeliner to bring that extra pop to my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment