Monday, November 12, 2012

Easy and Cheap Recipes: Chocolate Croissants

A couple of days ago I was having a serious hunger for dessert - specifically chocolate. Ever have one of those? I find myself having that desire for a sweet treat and without anything easy to grab, I figured I would make something super easy and quick - that I know would not cost me a lot to replace the items I had intended on for other meals.

Chocolate Croissants
All you need is the following:
1 package of canned crescent rolls
1 C chocolate chips
1 egg
Assembled
Preheat oven to 425 and beat the egg into a small bowl.
Open the crescent rolls, unwrap- with the larger section facing you. Place a small amount of chocolate chips onto the larger section of the roll and begin wrapping - with each layer adding a few chips as you roll.  Roll all rolls and place on baking sheet. Brush the egg onto the croissant (this will give it that warm brown look on top). Place in oven for about 12 mins or until light golden brown.
If you have remaning chocolate chips, you can microwave them in a small bowl and drizzle it on top of the finished product. Done! Don't they look amazing? They are so delicious - and they go perfectly with a large glass of milk.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment