Tuesday, January 15, 2013

DIY Earrings

I came across this pair of earrings on Pinterest and I figured I could make my own...and I did!
It was super easy to make and the best part is that I had everything I needed on hand (easily purchased at a craft store like Michael's).
  • Aventurine Beads - I used three different sizes ( one lg, 2 med, and 3 smalls per earring)
  • Oval Chain - silver (any will do- depending on the style you want)
  • earring hooks
  • Head pins - you will use these to connect the beads to the chain.
Insert one bead onto a head pin. Using the round nose pliers, bend the head pin at a 45° angle. Using the side cutters, trim the edge to about ¼". Using the round nose pliers, make a simple loop to secure the bead. This creates the mini charm.

Making the color bead dangles:Using the side cutters, trim the edge to about ¼". Using the round nose pliers, make a simple loop to secure the bead onto the chain. I used one bead per link in the chain.

Attach the rectangular bead to the fish hook ear wire. Repeat steps to complete earring set.

No comments:

Post a Comment