Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Makeup Routine

My Makeup Routine


I have always gone for the basics that I really love- products that are worth splurging on that work well with budget favorites. Here are the products I use daily for my makeup!

  1. Bare Minerals with SPF 15 - this gives my skin a bit of color and really helps even out my skin tone- no BB Cream required with this amazing product. I have been using this makeup for years and I am thankful you can now purchase it at the mall or online. This particular powder is great for covering up blemishes and uneven skin tone. I have relatives that use it who swear it covers up under eye circles and starting age spots. Great for any skin type- it is even great to wear to bed.
  2. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil - this is pretty much airbrushing in powder form. Recommended to go on top of your Minerals Foundation powder, this finishing powder helps keep the flawless look compete. I really love how, when combined with the other mineral powder, I look like I have had my makeup done professionally!!
  3. NARS Blush in Orgasm- This is a super light weight powder that packs a punch. A bit more pricey of an item, it does last quite a bit. I have tried other blushes, but this has always been tried and true! A great staple to your makeup routine.
  4. MAC Eyeliner - This black is bold, agressive and long-lasting. It goes on super smooth but will smudge well for a smokey eye. I have been a fan of MAC products for a few years now. It is more of a splurge item (NYC pencil liners work well too) but this has staying power that cheapies just do not have. When I splurge, I splurge on this item.
  5. CoverGril & Olay Simply Ageless Primer - I am so glad these two companies came together and created a great product line. This primer I actually put on after my Oil of Olay face lotion and before my Bare Minerals powders. It keeps the skin fresh and youthful and keeps the moisture of my skin in check. I have tried pricer products (Smashbox, anyone?) but this is a great budget alternative I think I will stick with.
  6. CoverGril Professioanl Super Thick Lash Mascara- I have always been a fan of the tried and true of the Maybelline Great Lash classic, but this is my new BFF. My lashes are not thick but this product will not tell my secret. Whatever they use, it works. And, the brush helps prevent clumping so my lashes look full and not fake!
  7. Revlon Colorburst LipGloss- I love, love, love this product. I picked it up a couple of months ago for a bolder oxblood/red combo and have never looked back. This gloss has lasted all day and has proved to be killer looking in photos. Always a plus during the holiday season!
  8. Wet N Wild Color Icon Collection in Walking on Eggshells- this natural eye combo really makes my blue eyes pop! It is light and airy and goes on super smooth. For a drugstore budget item, this product packs a punch. I have used it to make the under part of my eye pop- without the darkened look around the eye. It makes me look awake - when I have just rolled out of bed. It is a basic when I just wanna put on something quick before going out to start the day.
These are my favorite products which are now a part of my daily routine. Some pricey, some budget, but all worth every penny to own.

No comments:

Post a Comment